Before endorsing any activity that could potentially result in staff or student injuries, personnel are encouraged to consult with the Risk Management Department. By so doing, many risks and potential liabilities can be mitigated.
While there are many activities that should be discussed with the risk management department, there are certain activities that Utah State Risk Management has determined are never approved. Those activities are listed below.
- Mechanical Amusement Devices
- Motorized Sporting Events
- Tractor Truck Pulls
- Boxing/Wrestling/Hockey and Contact Karate Events
- Rodeos and Roping Events (Including Practice)
- Aircraft and Balloon Events
- Professional Sporting Activities
- Rap and/or Heavy Metal Concerts
- Body Piercing
- Bungee Jumping
- Hang Gliding
Non-Approved Activities Cont.
- Motorcycle Riding
- Mountain/Rock Climbing
- Playing in or on any bounce house or other inflatable play structure
- Racing using a land vehicle, aircraft or watercraft
- Riding on Amusement Rides
- Scuba Diving
- Stage Diving